Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sarah's Art

Sarah's 1st grade teacher entered a picture Sarah drew into an art contest a couple months ago. When Sarah came home with a note that said she won 3rd place, I was proud of her, but didn't think much of it. I figured it just involved the students at Lincoln. I later learned that it included all the schools in Madison and Sugar City, and her division was K-3rd grade. Not only that, but her drawing will be entered into the state contest as well. How neat! We went to an awards ceremony, but I forgot to bring my camera. (This was the first time I had even seen the picture.) Luckily, they decided to display the art in the public library before sending it to state, so I took her last week and snatched a couple pictures. 
(This was taken on St. Patrick's Day, hence the green four-leaf clover on her cheek.)

It's been fun to watch Sarah develop this talent completely on her own. (She definitely didn't get it from us!) She started drawing ALL the time when she was about three - probably before. I have binders full of her pictures, and I have thrown most of them away. (Which is really hard to do, by the way.) 


I think this one will definitely be a keeper, though. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Sarah! It's so amazing. I'm proud to say you take after the Smith side of the family. :D

    ReplyDelete