Tuesday, April 8, 2014

November

November was a special month. On November 3rd our last child, James, got baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Our last child. Our baby. Hard to believe.

I still remember well the day that Thomas was baptized. Things were a little crazier then. For example, I forgot my camera and didn't get even one picture of him on his baptism day. I forgot a comb to comb his hair afterwards. James was just a baby and I was struggling to get everyone ready and get to the church on time. Once we got all seated in the chapel, I laid James down on the bench with a bottle. The lid was put on incorrectly and milk proceeded to leak all over himself and the bench. Then, someone got up to announce that a van door was left open in parking lot. It was ours. Did I mention that Richard wasn't with me? He had left early with Thomas so they could get ready. It was a bit of a whirlwind, but it was still special. It's just interesting to compare the two and note how different my experience was from the first child to the last child. I suppose in the eternal scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. The important part of any baptism is the baptism itself - the eternal covenants that are made.

My Dad spoke about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Marianne, Magan, and Ashley played in a beautiful musical number. It was lovely.


These two are such good buds. James and his cousin, Will.

And, our "almost-good-enough-for-a-Christmas-card" family picture - if only Richard's eyes were open! ;)
We have our good times and those times when we are especially glad that the day will end and we can try again tomorrow, but we hope we are making progress. We are especially grateful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. We know that because of the Atonement of Christ and covenants we have made through baptism and in the temple, we can live as a family for eternity with our Heavenly Father. The blessings of the Gospel are truly never ending!

Also during November, James participated in a school play all about the Spiderwick books. 



They ended with this song that doesn't have anything to do with Spiderwick, but I thought it was sweet so I got some of it on video. 

Our kids were asked to perform in the Thanksgiving Turkey Choir Concert this year. They played for such a big audience and did so well! I'm not sure who was more nervous, me or them! 
We spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying wonderful food with the Burt family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment