Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thomas Turns 11

That's right folks! I have an 11-year-old. I just had him like a week ago, and now he is 11. Did I mention that Thomas is ELEVEN??? I wouldn't believe it myself, but he IS a pretty big boy. He can do many of the things most 11-year-olds do, and he is certainly just as obnoxious as most 11-year-olds tend to be. So, I suppose it must be true. At this rate, he will be graduating from high school next week! I just can't keep up with these weeds!
Although we had a very busy day, we managed to fit in a little partying for Thomas. He wanted lemon bars and cherry pie for his birhtday "cake". We had his cousin, Adam, over for a late-night, and they had a great time watching the A-Team and flying his new remote-control helicopter.



Thomas lighting the candles on his lemon bars. He probably enjoyed this as much as opening the presents.



"Happy Birthday to meeeeeee!!!"



The next day was Sunday, so we took some cherry pie to my parents house and had a little family party. James and Abram decided to dress up. They were running around the house like this:



A cool airplane shirt from Grandma and Granddad.



We really are grateful for Thomas, as he has taught us so much! Ever since day one he has been the guinea pig. He has had to put up with our inexperience and weaknesses more than any of the others, but luckily he came with an impervious nature, and can take just about anything. He has exceeded our expectations, and really can be such a delight! In the past year, Thomas has taken up a special interest in airplanes (especially war planes) and science. He came home from school one day begging for a periodic table of the elements. His dream vacation would be a trip to the Smithsonian to see the Wright Brothers' airplane. (He really did ask if we could go just a couple days ago.) He continues to amaze us with his Lego creations, and is coming along great on the cello. He hopes to be a pilot in the Air Force someday. Watching my children develop and mature is just so darn rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment